江西多乐彩今天开奖结果 www.23ej.com.cn 1. The overall result has been to make entrance to professional geological journals harder for a mateurs, a result that has been reinforced by the widespread introduction of refereeing, first by national journals in the 19th century and then by several local geological journals in the 20th century.
2. A rather similar process of differentiation has led to professional geologists coming together nationally within one or two specific societies, whereas the amateurs have tended either to remain in local societies or to come together nationally in a different way.www.ExamW.CoM
3. Sad to say, this project has turned out to be mostly low--level findings about factual errors and spelling and grammar mistakes, combined with lots of head--scratching puzzlement about what in the world those readers really want.
4. I believe that the most important forces behind the massive M&M wave are the same that underlie the globalization process: falling transportation and communication costs, lower trade and investment barriers and enlarged markets that require enlarged operations capable of meeting customers' demands.
5. A lateral move that hurt my pride and blocked my professional progress promoted me to abandon my relatively high profile career although, in the manner of a disgraced government minister, I covered my exit by claiming "I wanted to spend more time with my family."
[参考译文] 一次侧面的不光明磊落的攻击伤害了我的自尊，阻碍了我事业的发展，使我不得不抛弃了那份引人注目的工作，尽管表面上我还要以一个蒙受屈辱的政府部长的姿态，通过声称"我只不过是想多和家人呆在一起" 来掩盖我的退出。
6. I have discovered, as perhaps Kelsey will after her much-publicized resignation from the editorship of She after a build-up of stress, that abandoning the doctrine of "juggling your life", and making the alternative move into "downshifting brings with it far greater rewards than financial success and social status.
[参考译文] 或许正像凯尔西在不堪积劳重负而公开地辞去她在《她》杂志社的编辑 一职之后一样，我已经发现，放弃那种"为生活忙碌"的人生信条并转 而追求比较悠闲的生活带给你的回报远远大于经济成功和社会地位。
7. While in America the trend started as a reaction to the economic decline-after the mass redundancies caused by downsizing in the late ' 0s-and is still linked to the politics of thrift, in Britain, at least among the middle-class down shifters of my acquaintance, we have different reasons for seeking to simplify our lives.
[参考译文] 在美国，这一返朴趋势是以经济衰落的反应为开始的--那是在0年 代末期裁员而引起大量的失业之后一一现在依然与提倡节俭的政纲相： 关;而在英国，最起码在我所熟识的中产阶级返朴归隐者中，追求简约; 生活的原因就多种多样了。
8. For the women of my generation who were urged to keep juggling through the' 0s, down-shifting in the mid' 90s is not so much a search for the mythical good lift-growing your own organic vegetables, and risking turning into one-as a personal recognition of your limitations.
[参考译文] 对于我这一代曾在整个0年代为生活奔波的女人来说，90年代中期出 现的归隐恬退与其说是我们寻求一种神话般的美好生活--用有机肥种植蔬菜，并且自己放弃一切的风险--不如说是我们清醒地认识到自身;能力是有限的这一事实。
9. If you are part of the group which you are addressing, you will be in a position to know the experiences and problems which are common to all of you and it' 11 be appropriate for you to make a passing remark about the inedible canteen food or the chairman' s notorious bad taste in ties.
10. There are already robot systems that can perform some kinds of brain and bone surgery with submillimeter accuracy--far greater precision than highly skilled physicians can achieve with their handsaone