例：What is the man going to read?
A. A newspaper
B. A magazine
C. A book
1. Who answered the phone?
2. What’s the woman’s favourite food?
3. When does the first flight arrive in Detroit?
4. What is the woman looking for?
C. Tennis court
5. What will the weather be like at the weekend?
6. Where are the two speakers?
A. In the hotel
B In a shop
C. In a restaurant
7. How much did the man pay in the end?
8. What did the man do last weekend?
A. Watched TV.
B. Stayed at home.
C. Visited a friend
9. What will the woman probably do this weekend?
A. Play tennis.
B. Do some shopping
C. Go to a dance
10. Where are the new houses?
A. On the main road.
B. Close to a bus station.
C. Near the sports center.
11. What does the woman like most about the new houses?
A. The garden.
B. The space.
C. The quietness
12. How does the man feel about the woman’s suggestion?
13. What can’t the students do without a teacher?
A. Hold parties.
B. Complete the Safety Sheet.
C. Use any emergency equipment.
14. Why are the students asked to tie back their loose hour in the lab?
A. It may catch fire
B. It may cover their eyes.
C. It may pass chemicals to their faces.
15. What is the speech mainly about?
A. Laboratory regulations.
B. Safety instructions.
C. After-class activities.
Telephone Cancellation Request Form
Home Phone Plan
Nonrefundable(不退款) 18 pre-paid plan
Reason for Cancellation
Cancellation Date Required
20 9, by 5:00 pm
例：It’s so nice to hear from her again ______, we last met more than thirty years ago.
A. What’s more
B. That’s to say
C. In other words
D. Believe it or not
21. —Look at those clouds!
—Don’t worry. ______ it rains, we’ll still have a great time.
A. Even if
C. In case
D. If only
22. By the time you have finished this book, your meal ______ cold.
B. has got
C. will get
23. One learns a language by making mistakes and ______ them.
24. Jerry did not regret giving the comment but felt ______ he could have expressed it differently.
25. George said that he would come to school to see me the next day, but he ______.
26. When deeply absorbed in work, ______ he often was，he would forget all about eating or sleeping.
27. _______ with care, one tin will last for six weeks.
D. To use
28. Many people have donated that type of blood; however, the blood bank needs _____.
29. —Have you heard about that fire in the market?
— Yes, fortunately no one _____.
B. was hurt
C. has hurt
D. had been hurt
30. Our friendship _____ quickly over the weeks that followed.
A. had developed
B. was developing
C. would develop
31. ______ at the door before you enter my room, please.
D. To knock
33. We ______ the difficulty together, but why didn’t you tell me?
A. should face
B. might face
C. could have faced
D. must have faced
34. Do you think this shirt is too tight ____ the shoulders?
35. Don’t handle the vase as if it ____ made of steel.
C. has been
D. had been